Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm on a roller KELLster

One day i'm DEpressed, the next I'm teetering on hopeful. It's so crazy and I'm sick to death of it all. But, i'm not gonna drink over it and i'm not going to die so i guess i'll hang on for one more day. I was so bummed earlier on this weekend but i got a much bigger paycheck than i expected ($ always helps) and i got some R&R with the fam and by bestest friend/cousin, Maeg-a-lyn. love me some maegan time. today, avery woke me at 6 am and i was so tired. when i laid down for a nap with her, she was not having it. But, gloriously, rather than yell or stomp around and freak her out, i just explained that "you can go play or lay down but mommy needs to rest". She looked at me and registered it. she actually went into her room and quietly played with her princess castle set. then she put her doll in the stroller and cruised around. It was just enough time (maybe 15 or 20) for me to close my eyes and regroup. I feel like something otherworldly just gave me a shot of strength. We ended the day with a playdate at the park with my single mom friend and that gave me hope. I made Avery dinner. She ate a whole artichoke with mayo and she fell asleep on my lap watching cinderella so i put her to sleep at 6:30pm. i hope she sleeps through the night. But, i'm a little worried because her daddy was supposed to pick her up at 5 or 6pm after his white water rafting trip. i can't get ahold of him on his cell or at home and i'm kind of stressing that something happened. more to come....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ya know, I was thinkin' bout our convo by the pool yesterday and I was thinkin' that I'm not going through half of what you're going through but I am on the same roller coaster; up/ down, happy/sad, depressed/hopeful - like on a daily basis. Is it just the roller coaster of life? Or are we not dealing? wtf?

Had such a nice day on Sat.